Who is eligible for benefits?
- Patient must be diabetic.
- Patient must have one or more of the following conditions:
- Previous amputation of the other foot, or part of either foot; or
- History of previous foot ulceration of either foot; or
- History of pre-ulceration calluses of either foot; or
- Peripheral neuropathy with evidence of callus formation of either foot; or
- Foot deformity of either foot; or
- Poor circulation in either foot; and
- The patients primary care physician (MD or DO) who is managing the patient’s systemic diabetes condition has certified the above conditions, and he/she is treating the patient under a comprehensive plan of care for his/her diabetes which includes the need for diabetic footwear.
What are the benefits of this program?
For patients who meet the above criteria, coverage is limited to one of the following within one calendar year.
- One pair of extra depth shoes, which include 3 pairs of inserts.
Please click the links below to see some of the shoes offered through this program, please keep in mind the style of shoe is subject to your podiatrists recommendation based upon your foot type.